Sessional Examination Policies
Continuous assessment and evaluation is a necessary piece of showing learning process. It will give the course to conveying the quality instruction to partner. Henceforth to improve during the time spent appraisal and assessment, following changes will be executed from January 2016 for the semester examination of B. Pharm.
- There shall be two sessional examination conducted periodically and the weightage of sessional examination shall be 20% for theory and practical courses (subjects).
- The First and second sessional examination shall be conducted on about half of the syllabus independently. The question paper for the first and second sessional examination shall be of 30 marks. The question paper pattern for the first and second sessional examination shall consist of,
Question paper pattern shall be uniform for all the subjects. Two or more subject teachers, teaching the same subject to both divisions shall formulate the question
- Objective type questions (33.33% weightage), which carry half mark each and it shall consist of questions such as fill in the blank, examples, expand the abbreviations, MCQ, draw structure, IUPAC name, answers in one sentence, match the pair, etc.
- Long type question of 10 marks each (33.33% weightage). There shall be up to 50% option.
- Short type questions of 5 marks each (33.34% weightage). There shall be 33.33 % option for this question.
- To encourage the use of ICT practices, the teacher shall submit the question paper on line to examination department at least one day before the commencement examination. The subject teacher shall ensure on the day of examination the correctness of question paper at least half hour before the commencement of
- 4. For the smooth conduct of the examination, the Invigilator shall be proactive and shall report to exam control room at least 15 min. before the commencement of examination He shall be responsible for collections of answer books and stationary material required for smooth conduct of examination. All the stationary issued to invigilator shall be submitted back to examination control room after the completion of examination.
- The cases of malpractices during sessional examination shall be handled by duly constituted committee which consists of examination In-charge, Invigilator and HOD of concern subject. The necessary action shall be taken against the defaulter as per the rules and regulation of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University for conduct of examination.
- To declare the results of sessional examination speedily and for analysis of result by the exam department, the examiner/subject teacher shall submit the assessed answer papers within 07 calendar days after completion of sessional examination failing which necessary action shall be taken. Before submitting the answer books the subject teacher shall show the answer books to students and take their signature on the answer paper. The marks of sessional examination shall be sent to in duly approved format shall be sent to examination department through e-mail.
- The marks of best of one sessional exam shall be considered as internal assessment marks (20% marks) and shall be communicated to the University before commencement of semester examination.
- Additional sessional examination shall be conducted for directly admitted third semester (direct second year B. Pharm second) students due to delay in admission process of such students by DTE. The syllabus of additional sessional examination shall be same to that of first sessional examination of regular students.
- Improvement sessional examination shall be applicable to failure students at University semester examinations and shall be conducted after reassessment result.
- The students shall remain present at least 15 min. prior to the commencement of the examination in the exam hall. No student shall be allowed to attend the examination failing which he/she shall disqualify for appearing in that examination.
- The students should be present in Uniform for the examination. Use of Mobile Phone/electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the college premise.
- 80% of the attendance shall be compulsory for appearing in the respective sessional examinations.
- Assessment and evaluation of practical work shall be based on the day to day practical performed by students in laboratory. The day to day evaluation shall be based on parameters like practical performances, viva voce and attitude during practical work, etc. Each practical shall be evaluated for 10 marks. The average marks of all practical are performed during the semester by the students shall be communicated to examination department
- Tutorial is the instructional activity that provides step by step information in presenting a concept or learning unit. Tutorials are generally intended to help students to gain a deep understanding of the subject matter in their discipline. Discussion in tutorials helps students to see the significance and implications of their knowledge so they can apply what they have learned in new contexts. Tutorial develop student’s basic academic skills such as identification and evaluation of relevant resources, effective communication both orally and in writing, effective time-management, critical self-assessment. It enables students to pursue their individual academic interests within the context of the subject.
- Tutorials shall be planned for each lesson unit by teacher and informed to students during or after completion of lesson unit. It is expected that each lesson unit shall have the tutorial. There shall be two tutorials in each semester. The first tutorial shall be completed and submitted to concern teacher at least four working days prior to commencement of first sessional exam and second tutorial shall be completed at least four days before commencement of second sessional exam. The tutorials shall be subdivided and shall be numbered as Tutorial NO. 1a, Tutorial No. 1b ……, Tutorial No. 2a, Tutorial no. 2b………so on. The tutorials shall be considered only if it has been written in the tutorial book provided by college.
- The assessment and evaluation of tutorials shall be done simultaneously by the subject teachers. After successful completion and submission of tutorial books, it shall be certified by respective teacher followed by head of the department of concerned. After satisfactorily certification the teacher shall awards marks out of 10 for each tutorial. The total marks of two tutorials shall be submitted in the approved format to the examination department. Duly certified tutorial books shall be submitted to department by individual students.
- Any other activity during the theory examination should be consulted and pre-intimated to the examination In-charge for the co-ordination and smooth conduct of the examination.
- Sessional examinations shall be held as per the institute calendar.
- Examination duty/work shall be mandatory to all faculty members. In case of emergency it is an individual’s responsibility to adjust the examination duty with other faulty member after prior permission of the Principal. The faculty member going for leave shall perform his/her adjusted duty after joining. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken if disobey or disregard of examination work/duty.