Institutional Drug Information and Counselling Center (IDICC)
- To describe the evolution of drug information.
- To define drug information and related terms.
- To provide the information related drug, adverse drug reaction, drug interaction for safe use of drugs
- To describe the importance of drug information to the Pharmacy practice.
- To explain the need for drug information skills as a healthcare practitioner.
- To describe the essential components needed to develop a drug information center.
- To Counsel and make awareness about diseases among the patients.
- To improve Rational Drug Therapy by counseling with patients.
- To provide the vital information, advice and assistance to help you with your medications and to ensure you take them properly
- Secure demographic details of the requester.
- Obtain background information.
- Refine and categories the ultimate question.
- Develop a strategy, conduct a search and perform evaluation of problem.
- Formulate and provide a response.
- Conduct follow-up and document the outcome.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To respond to enquiries on therapeutic drug use.
- To offer a service to the public and health professionals.
- To provide training to the graduate and undergraduate students.
- To provide toxicology information to the public.
- To give information about issues of availability, formulation, cost, storage and stability medicines.
- To disseminate information in the form of drug/disease monographs, bulletins and websites.
- To involve in research activities including pharmaco-epidemiology.
- To provide the knowledge about medication and Drug interaction.
- To ensure the patient about importance of health as well as diseases and medication.