Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, institutions need to channelize its efforts and measures towards promoting holistic academic excellence including the peer committee recommendations.
Primary objectives of IQAC:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders; e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of the NAAC.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell Constitution
|Sr. No||Name of faculty||Designation|
|1||Dr. S. P. Jain||Chairman|
|2||Dr. P. N. Kendre||Coordinator|
|3||Dr. Gaurav Harlalka||Member|
|5||Dr. Vijay Borkar||Member|
|6||Prof. Sharad Tayade||Member|
|7||Prof. S. K. Vibhute||Member|