Specializations available in Pharmaceutics. Pharmacology. Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Pharmacognosy.
Affiliated to SGBA University, Amravati
We are affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati since 2006 and providing quality education to all our learners.
Rajarshi Shahu College of Pharmacy, Buldana has a mission to develop high quality pharmaceutical science specialists having strong base of principles of pharmaceutical science and the scientific methods, deep understanding of their chosen areas of specialization, the motivation to learn continually, interact with multi-disciplinary groups and to handle new challenges offered by the front-end technologies.
The PhD Programme is run by Rajarshi Shahu College of Pharmacy, Buldana, in the field of pharmaceutical science with specialization of pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry and pharmacognosy from the year 2019. This Doctorial study is affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, designed to impart knowledge in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. The vision of the institute is to consolidate concepts and skills through courses, seminars, projects, and thesis work. Above all, it helps the scholars to develop the capacity for free and objective enquiry, courage and integrity, awareness and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of the society.
The Programme provides the candidates with an enabling research experience during their stay in the Institute, thereby helping them to enter their professional life with right perspective and knowledge related to their respective fields of specialization.
Ph. D. Research Committee (w.e.f. 2021-22)
Name of Member
Dr. S. P. Jain
Dr. V. S. Borkar
Dr. D. K. Lokwani
Mr. Yogesh Joshi
PhD study is affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati.
Eligibility and Procedure for admission to Ph.D. Programme:
A candidate shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme subjected to fulfillment of the conditions mentioned in ORDINANCE No. 1 of 2016 published by Sant Gadage Baba Amravati University, Amravati dated 10th November, 2016.
Eligibility for admission:
- Master of pharmacy Degree of the recognized University with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Shall have qualified the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the University. Provided that, eligible candidates qualifying GPAT criteria shall be exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test as mentioned in ORDINANCE No. 1 of 2016 published by Sant Gadage Baba Amravati University, Amravati dated 10th November, 2016.
- For details about procedure for Ph. D. admission and allocation of supervisor, course work, D. Registration, submission of final thesis for evaluation and evaluation of thesis please refer ORDINANCE No. 1 of 2016 published by Sant Gadage Baba Amravati University, Amravati dated 10th November, 2016.
Duration of the program:
The duration of Ph.D. programme including course work shall be minimum three years to maximum six years from the date of admission. However, extension for a period of maximum one year may be granted on the recommendation of the RAC and with the approval of the RRC. For more details please refer ORDINANCE No. 1 of 2016 published by Sant Gadage Baba Amravati University, Amravati dated 10th November, 2016.
- Dr. S. P. Jain in the subject Pharmacology
- Dr. P. N. Kendre in the subject Pharmaceutics